One of our overwhelming strengths is the ability to understand clients' broader aims
Lockhart Garratt was established in 1998 by John Lockhart and Graham Garratt. Since then it has developed into one of England’s leading independent consultancies providing expert, independent, high quality professional advice with a focus on all matters relating to trees, woodland and forestry.
As the business has grown we have expanded our range of services. We are now able to offer a suite of additional specialisms including arboriculture, cartography, community, development, ecology, green infrastructure, landscaping, minerals and waste, research and woodfuel. These services enable us to better assist clients involved in residential, commercial and industrial development, where management to enhance and protect the rural and natural environment is required.
Rural Practice Forestry including lowland farm and traditional estate woodland management remains at the heart of our business.
Whatever the objectives, our independent and practical advice supports and complements our clients' wider aims through long term strategic plans, short term work programmes and budgets tailored to individual requirements. We can also provide advice and practical management for woodfuel installations and effective use of biomass energy. In addition we have extensive experience of landscaping, restoration and aftercare especially in relation to woodland restoration schemes associated with minerals and waste restoration. We also have extensive expertise in large scale new woodland planting and associated habitat creation.
We provide expert Tree Advice in the urban environment where trees are an important design consideration. Since 1998 we have built up a strong client base for our arboricultural services among developers, architects, planners, engineers and landscape designers. Being judged by our results, we work mainly on repeat business. Projects vary but typically we are involved in solving tree related issues within projects associated with educational expansion, commercial development and new residential schemes.
Outside of the commercial forestry and the individual tree environments Woodlands still have a vital role to play. In both the urban and rural setting, woodlands provide a green oasis of calm. Their ability to support and sustain people, communities and wildlife secures their place as a vital element of the natural environment. Our understanding of the real value of woodlands and their management requirements enables us to ensure that they work effectively to the benefit of our clients and the wider communities that they serve.
We have also assisted in the development of green infrastructure policies and strategic planning framework documents for new growth points across the country, and have recently contributed to strategic regional forestry reviews.
Our 22 strong team of specialist foresters, arboriculturists, environmental consultants, ecologists, cartographers and professional support staff provides an excellent platform for the delivery of consultancy advice of the highest quality.
At Lockhart Garratt we are proud of our company culture, which we feel sets us apart from other businesses. We are dedicated to:
- Professionalism: A commitment to the highest professional standards in the delivery of client work and maintenance of professional integrity and conduct at all times.
- Supportiveness: A collaborative culture where all staff members across all areas of the business work as a team to achieve common company goals and objectives.
- Dedication: All staff members understand, believe in and are dedicated to the objectives of the company business plan, with sufficient investment made in staff to reward this commitment and opportunities offered to achieve good staff retention.
- Ambition: A personal commitment to the growth and success of the business, and the development and career advancement of all staff members through shared opportunities, team development and collaborative working.
- Enjoyment: A positive office environment where staff members enjoy being and working, and regular opportunities for staff members to socialise outside of the work environment.